Cross-Country Skiing at Goldegg
Cross-country skiing paradise „ausLauf“
In for an early round of cross-country skiing around Goldegg Lake before breakfast? Not a problem for you as our Seehof Hotel guest as the first trails start right outside the hotel. Cross-country skiing aficionados can be looking forward to 45km of well-groomed cross-country skiing trails.
„ausLauf“ – the name says it all: various trails with an entire range of altitude variations are available to you on the slightly sloped yet not particularly steep plateau above the Salzach Valley. Even ambitious athletes have arrived at the right place ranging from the easy trail starting right at the hotel with just about 10m difference in altitude all the way to the Voithof-March-Böndlsee trail with approximately 270m difference in elevation.
Classic and Skating Trails
Almost all trails are prepared for classic as well as skating style cross-country skiing:
- Lake Trail: 1.4 km around Goldegg Lake starting at the Seehof
- Golf Course Trail: as the name denotes it is a trail on the snow-covered golf course with minor differences in altitude for 2.2km starting at the tennis center close to the Seehof.
- Buchberg Trail: a 6.4km trail with 70 meters of difference in altitude, starts also directly at the Seehof via the Lake Trail.
- March Trail: this 1.7km trail right at the March farmer offer snow reliability and are still suitable at the end of the winter for advanced cross-country skiiers.
Scenic yet strenuous
Experienced cross-country skiers can look forward to suitable trails:
- Olympic Trail: 3km and 60m of difference in altitude with partially difficult ascents. It branches off the golf course trail.
- Voithof-March-Böndl-Lake Trail: 13,8km and 270 meters in elevation. This trail is indeed quite strenuous. Castle parking lot as the starting point.
- Gfrerer Urlsberg: 155m of elevation over 8km, also starting at the castle’s parking lot which is only a two-minute walk away from the Seehof Hotel.
- Weng Böndl Lake Trail: 8.4km and 120 in elevation. Scenic yet strenuous trail from the Wenig Fire Station to Böndl Lake and back.
Cross-Country Ski School Goldegg
You would like to try out cross-country skiing for the first time in your life? We have cross-country skis and shoes at the hotel and can gladly arrange an expert who will help you with your first trail laps.
Please send us a non-binding inquiry. You can look forward to romantic winter days in the snow. You will discover the winterly Pongau from a completely different angle on cross-country skis in Goldegg. We are there for you every step of the trail and are very much looking forward to your inquiry!